Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Let Go and Let God

This has become my theme for our adoption. Most of you know by now, Alan, the kids and I are adopting a baby. We passed our homestudy (at least THEY think we are normal...LOL), and now we are just waiting for a baby. The process is slightly more complicated than just "we have a baby for you." Our social worker emails us with information concerning the birth parents and baby, then Alan and I decided if we want our names "put forward." In other words, can our social worker give the birth parents our information? If we say yes, then we move forward; if we say no, it stops. So far, we have been asked about five different babies, and we have said yes to two of them. We don't want ANY baby.....we want the baby God chooses for our family. And that's the hard part..."letting go and letting God" take control. No use worrying because He knows all. Yes, it has taken me about 6 months to let go; I'm a slow learner. Please pray for our baby, birth parents, and us. I'll keep you posted on this site. Visit again.

3 comments: